Quote of the Moment:

Quote of the Moment: Who said this, and why? "I'm coming to realize EVERYONE can eat me."

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Coffee, always


“… Mr. Butler had already had, he said, as much coffee as was good for him. Phryne, who had never had as much coffee as was good for her, poured another cup and sipped luxuriously.”  Kerry Greenwood, Queen of the Flowers

This sums up my love affair with coffee, brought to a ghastly nadir during a recent power outage, when I checked flashlight batteries instead of filling the thermos with hot coffee. 

Lesson learned. 

The energy, the impetus, the awakening of coffee! It’s what gets you writing, even by flashlight. Well, me, anyway. 

What galvanizes you? What propels and spurs you to the keyboard or the pen and paper? What have you found is the best trigger to write, or to read that next book, or . . . ?

*stopping for another sip*

No comments:

Post a Comment