Quote of the Moment:

Quote of the Moment: Who said this, and why? "I'm coming to realize EVERYONE can eat me."

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Resolved for another year




I don’t usually commit to New Year’s resolutions, not because they are so often unreachable, but because I can think of so many goals that I become exhausted trying to achieve them all, :-) But what the heck, I’m going to try to be resolved in 2015.


Here are my mundane, logistical, writing-related resolutions:


  • To finish writing the novel I started in November for NaNoWriMo, working title is Seven Secrets. I’m flirting with 50,000 words now but expect the final length to be between 60 and 65K. (This novel, about a group of human kids, segues into my Guild world in a funky way.)
  • Upload the next two novels in The Animal Guild Series, once the covers are complete and I’ve attempted to locate more of those sneaky little typos. Look for Outcasts by February and The Hikum later in the year.
  • Rough-outline the (possible) sequel to the novel I’m writing now, since I keep having wild and crazy plot ideas for the characters.  
  • Finish outlining the next novel in The Animal Guild Series, which has languished for 15+ years. (Yes, you now know that I’m as old as a bristlecone pine). This novel will merge the Seven Secrets goings on with the guilders. I think. (But see below.)


Here are my less mundane, more spiritual resolutions:


  • To be kind to all.
  • To make no assumptions about anyone or anything.
  • To have no expectations of anyone or anything.
  • To think about others (be they “human” animals or other animals) and to not have everything be “all about me.” As the Buddha taught, there is no Self (or something like that).


Finally, here are my ultimate, best-of-the-best, top-of-the-line, epic, killer resolutions:


  • To be as wise as Kelly.
  • To have the courage of Hercules.
  • To be as energetic as Morgen.
  • To have the impudence of Fist.
  • To have the strength of Munk.
  • To be as goofy as Kip.
  • To be as tolerant as Bhorg.
  • To soar in my dreams like Valon.
  • To be as generous as Renard.
  • And to have the heart of Corto.
  • But not to weigh as much as Rethus.

Keep faith with your resolutions!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, quite the agenda. You go, authoress! These are gonna be posted prominently on the fridge door. The Buddha (and I) will be watching . . . with nothing but loving compassion, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But if these are on the fridge door, I reserve the right to edit them whenever I walk by with a pen, compassionately, of course.

      Delete
  2. You are so funny! Glad to see your Writers block has taken a hike. Hmmm, I wonder if I can be more like Tulip and the gang this year? Anticipating great things from your pen this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you can be like Tulip! While my resolution is not to expect anything, I can strongly hope for great things from your pen this year, too!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that our characters can sometimes show us something of who we want to be ...

    ReplyDelete