Quote of the Moment:

Quote of the Moment: Who said this, and why? "I'm coming to realize EVERYONE can eat me."

Saturday, February 1, 2014

More on Gilgamesh (plus a bit of Star Trek)

Yet more on Gilgamesh:

Last night I couldn't resist watching one of my favorite Star Trek: Next Generation episodes from Season 5, "Darmok." This episode featured Picard telling the Gilgamesh myth to Paul Winfield, the alien who only spoke in metaphors. I always have to get out my hankie during this episode, too. Watch it; you'll love it, and then you'll want to start reading myths, arguably the best source for literary archetypes.

And isn't it great that you can look up these old TV show episodes on Wiki, then access your Netflix or other service, find the episode, and watch it -- all in a couple of hours! The magic of modern technology.

Keep watching, reading and, or course, writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment